WHAT IS 3D LASER SCANNING?
Laser Scanning is a process that uses lasers to capture millions of detailed points of a building, structure, or site. These lasers, which pulse hundreds of thousands of times per second, give incredibly accurate measurements between points.
Creating a 3D collection of XYZ coordinates known as a ‘point cloud’. Specialist software then converts this data into comprehensive 3D models.
HOW DOES IT WORK IN PRACTICE?
One of our highly skilled surveyors will come to your site with the laser scanner, setup the equipment at pre-determined locations, aim, click, and we are done. We will then leave your site and begin the registration process of all of the scans back at our office.
Once the scans have been registered, we can create a site point cloud and produce 2D general arrangements, maps and plans, elevations, construction drawings. We can then produce M&E Drawings such as 3D intelligent models, panoramic virtual tours, and lifelike 3D animations
Carrying out surveys is safe, fast, accurate and offers huge project cost savings. We can obtain more information through 3D laser scanning than any manual survey could ever compare. This makes 3D laser scanning the preferred option when surveying assets on site.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LASER SCANNING?
- Generation of 3D models from point cloud data
- Accurate as-built information
- Safer surveying practices in hazardous environments, e.g. Rail infrastructure & Motorways
- Reduces surveying ﬁeld time and surveying costs in comparison to traditional methods
- Improves surveying processes and work ﬂows
- Provides high resolution images and data